Stay tuned for more info to come…
Vacation Bible School 2018
Grab your megaphones, lace up your cleats, and tune up your horn. It’s time to gear up for the big game! It’s go time! Whether you’re the type to root from the stands, march in the band, cheer on the field, or hustle to the line, the time is now—it’s Game On!
Kids are under so much pressure—to perform well, to be the best, to balance schedules that are full to the brim, to excel in every arena. From that vantage point, life’s big game can seem like no fun. But when we step back, we realize that the goal is not competing in our own strength. God has already given us everything we need! He’s given us His complete Word as the ultimate playbook. He’s given us Himself, which gives us a reason to celebrate. He wants us to join His team, to train hard, to celebrate our salvation, to encourage one another, and spur each other on. So what are you waiting for? This is Spirit Week 2018. It’s Game On!
Theme Verse: His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 2 Peter 1:3 (CSB)
Motto: Gear Up! Get Ready! Game On!
Christ Connection: In Jesus, we have everything we need to live a life that honors God. When we trust in Jesus as Savior and Lord, He rescues us from sin and death and gives us power to live joyfully for Him.
- Bible Story: The Lost Sheep (Luke 15:1-7)
- The Point: Jesus Cares About Me
- Bonus Verse: But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us! Romans 5:8
- Bible Story: The Resurrection of Lazarus (John 11:1-44)
- The Point: Jesus Gives Me Hope
- Bonus Verse: Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in Me, even if he dies, will live. John 11:25
- Bible Story: Thomas Believed (John 20:19-31)
- The Point: Jesus Helps Me Believe
- Bonus Verse: Jesus said, “Because you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.” John 20:29
- Bible Story: John Wrote About Jesus (John 13:1-35; 19:25-27; 20:1-10; 21:1-14)
- The Point: Jesus Loves Me
- Bonus Verse: See what great love the Father has given us that we should be called God’s children—and we are! 1 John 3:1a
- Bible Story: Paul and Silas in Prison (Acts 16:23-34)
- The Point: Jesus Gives Me Joy
- Bonus Verse: Come let us shout joyfully to the LORD, shout triumphantly to the rock of our salvation! Psalm 95:1