It has been many years, decades even, since women, young adults, and even men, celebrated universally Father’s Day as a day of thankfulness. I have heard comments such as, “If God is like a father I want nothing to do with Him,” or “It just hurts me too much to go to church on Father’s Day and hear all the stories about wonderful fathers. I never had one.” Fatherlessness has been an epidemic in America for a long while.
- God wants to be YOUR Father.
- His grace and forgiveness abounds for YOU.
- He does not take into account a wrong you have seen or in which you have participated.
- He is grateful when you come to Him for wisdom and understanding.
- He will not disrespect you. He made you.
- God is flexible with His children; He made us each one unique. Unlike some religions, He doesn’t expect you to be like everyone else.
- He has a plan, should you choose to accept it, to show His goodness through your life.
- Whoever comes to Him in truth, He Will Not turn away.
Today would be a good day to take a look at a Father you could love. He loves you.
Check out the message on Youtube from June 21, 2020.
Welcome to Pastor’s Points
Each week (and random other times) I will be sharing Biblical insights and thoughts to stimulate and
broaden our life in the Word of God. Sometimes these thoughts may be related to the week’s message
published live on Facebook or recorded on our Youtube Channel. Feel free to comment.
Doug Crowder, Sr. pastor , Magalia Pines Baptist Church