- There have been 144 national calls to prayer, humiliation, fasting and thanksgiving by the President of the United States (1789 – 2015).
- There have been 67 Presidential Proclamations for a National Day of Prayer (1952 – 2015). Gerald R. Ford (1976), George H. Bush (1989 – 91) and Barack H. Obama (2012) are the only U.S. Presidents to sign multiple National Day of Prayer Proclamations in the same year.
- Every President since 1952 has signed a National Day of Prayer proclamation.
- 34 of the 44 U.S. Presidents have signed proclamations for National Prayer. Three of the Presidents who did not sign a proclamation died while serving in office. Two Presidents, not included in the count—William Howard Taft and Warren Gamaliel Harding, signed proclamations for Thanksgiving and Prayer.
- Records indicate there have been 1,419 state and federal calls for national prayer since 1775 and counting.
No only can you read the Bible, you can listen to it while you drive, watch video content, share with friends and family, and pick from tons of reading plains. If you have a smart phone you can get daily verses and reminders to keep you on target with your plain.
Set the Date! The Vacation Bible School Carnival is July 16th, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. Vacation Bible School is on July 18th to the 22nd, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Also the online registration forms is going up (if it isn’t already) on the VBS webpage. Won’t it be fantastic if we had so many kids this year that we had to call in more adults!
Many exciting things are happening at Magalia Pines Baptist Church these days. Upward International School is wrapping up a senior year for several of our students. Be sure to pray for them as they head out into the big world. Our school in Malaysia is employing several new teachers and administrators. Kristy will be coming home soon.
Look forward to the date soon for our Grand Opening/Dedication of the new building. God has blessed us in so many ways and with so many people. Pray for the areas in which God would have you serve. Every summer adds excitement with Vacation Bible School and camps.
Most of all be in prayer for each other. In this past Sunday’s message we dealt with Jesus’ answer to those who have experienced a crisis or disaster in any form. Check it out. It is not an opinion. It is God’s Word to the hurting.
Continuing in His Service,
S.A.L.T. youth group will be very busy this month. On Thursday, May 5, we will be honoring National Day of Prayer by prayer walking the community. What started out as a small gathering of our youth group members has grown beyond what we could have ever imagined. Our youth group will be joined by kids from Team Kids, as well as men’s prayer group and Women on Mission. We have also had the opportunity to team up with many other churches from Magalia and Paradise. National Day of Prayer is looking to be quite a large group of people all coming together in prayer for our community, government, and nation. If you or anyone you know would like to participate, please join us on Thursday evening at 5:30pm in the front parking lot (Lakeridge Circle). What an awesome God we have!
Youth will also be going bowling on Wednesday, May 11, and there will be an associational youth rally on May 21 in Yuba City at Cooper Ave Baptist Church. Please be in prayer for our youth. We have a few graduating seniors who will be going out in the world, with at least one of them going on to college. We are so proud of our youth.
If you know of any youth in our community in grades 7-12 who would like to join us, please share that we meet Wednesday nights from 6pm to 7:15pm. We would be happy to welcome more youth!