In the beginning
Hello all! We are getting the newsletter up and running; okay, maybe a slow jog. Our goal will be for a monthly update on what is going on at Magalia Pines Baptist Church. We will have information from Pastor, the Office, youth groups, bible study groups, the school, events at the church and around the community; and some random fun stuff.
This first newsletter is more of a “Hi, how are you?”. What I would like from all the group leaders/helpers, Pastor, the Office, and the congregation, is to email me information and events as they come about. It does not have to be a written work of art, formatted pretty, or even spelled correctly. I just need information: about ministries, groups, events, etc. If the group you lead or are involved in has an upcoming event, a fun moment, or something special, email me (email@example.com) the information. Pictures are also welcome. Please don’t get upset if everything that is sent is not included in a future newsletter. Unfortunately, not everything can be included, but we will do our best to make sure every group is being represented and that a broad span of information is able to be distributed out to the congregation.
If you are getting this newsletter in your inbox, you are already on the list. If you want to remove yourself from receiving the newsletter, follow the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the emailed newsletter. If you would like to direct others to subscribe or you would like to add a different email, use the Newsletter Subscription form at the top right of the website (magaliapines.org).
Did you know?
- Sermons are posted on the website and CDs are available at the Church
- The Prayer Request form is back up and running. On the main webpage, click Prayer Request. Who doesn’t need a little extra help now and then?
- In Touch will meet this evening at 5 PM. Everyone who desires to reach out to their neighbors and friends are encouraged to participate.
- Women on a Prayer Mission (WOM) meets at 2 PM this coming Saturday, April 2. Ladies, we need the love and fellowship that results from meeting with each other. Hope to see you there.
- Sunday, April 3, begins our missions emphasis and special Spring Missions Offering, which will be taken throughout the month of April. This offering is given to support our SBC missionaries around the world, at home, and abroad. Give as the Lord leads.
- A visiting quartet will supply special music during the Morning Worship Services on Sunday, April 3. Come check them out!
- Sunday evening, April 3, at 5:30 PM, you are encouraged to attend the Associational Bible Drill and Speakers Tournament at Abundant Life Community Church, 10795 Alta Street, Grass Valley. Alli Benefield will be representing us as a participant in the Speaker’s Tournament. If she places in the tournament, she will be invited to participate at the state level in Fresno. THERE WILL BE NO EVENING SERVICE ON APRIL 3. Hope to see you in Grass Valley, and go get em Alli!
- The Associational VBS Clinic will be held at First Baptist Church in Gridley, with dinner at 5:30 PM. All VBS workers are encouraged to attend, and those working at Migrant Camp VBS are required to attend. Let Judi Cook (873-9448) know that you are going so that she can register you.
It is coming! STOP! Don’t run away… VBS students will explore the way Jesus saw people and examine the truth of the key verse, Psalm 139:23-24: “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way.”
Stay tuned for more VBS or ask how you can help.